Jeneva.Net for Asp.Net Mvc and NHibernate
Documentation is available here: jenevanet.azurewebsites.net
version is available here: jeneva.codeplex.com
Jeneva.Net is a lightweight library for ASP.Net MVC and NHibernate or any other ORM.
Jeneva.Net supports latest Asp.Net Mvc and Web API 5.2 and latest NHibernate 4.0.
Jeneva.Net gracefully does the following routines for you:
- Assigns back-references to domain objects.
- Copies data from MVC model to persistent objects (with no custom code and no mappers).
- Allows you to serialize persistent objects without danger of unneeded extra-data, lazy-loading, cycling dependencies.
- Allows you to define validation rules in C# without duplicating them in java script.
- Allows you to validate fields more accurately: validate if a field is present in JSON, validate if a field is failed to be parsed.
- Allows you to extend validation with custom rules using custom code or existing rules.
The main idea of Jeneva.Net is deserializing incoming JSON into detached domain objects with tracking of assigned and failed-to-parse fields.
The information of which field is assigned is used later when Jeneva.Net copies fields from detached to persistent domain objects.
Only the assigned fields are copied and eventually persisted.
Using this technique I don't have to create custom mappers for every create/update UI form.
The information of which field is failed to parse is used later in validation. I can provide relevant error message if field failed to parse.
The download package contains 1 example project:
- - MVC example with AngularJS and NHibernate (MyClients)
Thanks everyone for paying attention to this project.
We are supporting both, .Net
versions of it.
Stay in touch.
Thanks everyone for your interest.
If you have problems, or need some quick-start using Jeneva, please don't hesitate, contact me directly in Skype: vhusnullin.